The 28-day Family History Writing Challenge

The Armchair Genealogist has issued the challenge – and I have answered it, I think. This challenge encourages genealogists and family historians to stop procrastinating and start writing.

My subject will be my great-great grandfather, William James Scott. He has been pretty elusive. While I knew his daughter, my great-grandmother, Nellie Louisa Scott Toney, I don’t recall her ever talking about her father. Grama Nellie died during my freshman year in college and I wish almost daily that I had asked her about her family.

I change my mind. I will write about Grama Nellie. Of course, William will be included as well. But I think if I am to take this challenge seriously, then I should write about someone I truly loved and respected. A woman who gave love to her family and always stood strong for them.

Here are a few facts from her life:

  • Nellie Louisa Scott was born in Worcester, MA on 19 September 1887
  • Her parents were William James Scott and Hannah E. (Scott) Scott
  • Her mother died 4 November 1896 when she was nine years old.
  • She had 4 brothers, three from her mom and one from her step-mom.
  • She married Edwin Alexander Toney on 5 April 1905.
  • She lived in Worcester her entire life.
  • She had ten children.
  • She passed on 25 March 1981.

Please follow along while I write about this beloved woman. Or don’t. I will write on anyway.

8lsanten ak8oi (Make Peace),

Cheryll

Popular Posts