NERGC 2015

This was my 5th NERGC (New England Regional Genealogical Conference) conference and I think it was the best one yet! It was held at the Rhode Island Conference Center which was a beautiful spot. My hotel was a block away (the Courtyard Marriott) and my room was fabulous.

The conference was special for me because it was my first time presenting at NERGC. I made two presentations, one planned, the other a "fill-in" for someone who didn't make it.I was nervous as always and I had tech problems!!!! But it was still pretty great. Here are the front slides for the two presentations-



NERGC is loaded with presentations for all levels of genealogists. Not much is offered for people of color though but through all the years I've been coming that seems to be improving. For the first time, the Massachusetts chapter of the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society (AAHGS) had a booth and great offerings. I was definitely happy to see them!

There are plenty of social events as well during NERGC - lunches, banquets, Social Hours, and many more.

The next NERGC is in Springfield, MA in April of 2017. Hope to see you there.

Aquene,

Cher


Comments

Popular Posts